Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Journey To Hogwarts Castle!

Last Friday, we left town for a little adventure. We arrived home last night weary from our visit to a magical, dream inducing place. 


Four Muggles took the train...



to Hogwarts castle.



In the village of Hogsmeade there was snow on the rooftops. The architecture everywhere was spectacular!



We began our journey with a tour of the the school. Our first classroom visit was the conservatory.


Whispers from framed portraits echoed through passageways and corridors.



Inside some warnings from Harry, Ron and Hermione.



Then off on a fast ride inside Hogwarts. We encountered some dark characters on the Forbidden Journey, plenty of thrilling excitement that included a harrowing Quidditch match...on our brooms at dizzying speeds of course!



And, there at the end, to congratulate us on a job well done then bid us farewell was Dumbledore!



After leaving the castle, the 3 bravest Muggles ventured onto the Dragon Challenge for some high speed, upside down, looping thrills. The other muggle waited instead, sipping Butterbeer, to let the Hippogriff take us all on a flight of smaller proportions and a far smoother ride back to the streets of Hogsmeade.


Through the skies we soared up the side of the castle and around Hagrid's hut.



Then off to visit Ollivanders to scour and hunt for the perfect wand.




Maybe a broom too?



Friends watching from above...



Oh, and if you need to use the powder room after so much excitement...Myrtle will be in there...moaning!



All pictures by A&A and may not be copied or reproduced.

11 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you
    all flew on your
    Quidditch sticks
    down to Florida???
    What fun!! I've
    heard that it's
    absolutely fantastic.
    Gorgeous post, R!
    xx Suzanne
    PS: I'd be the one
    staying inside to quaff
    Butterbeer whilst the
    rest of the gang rode
    the dragon : ) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks fabulous - makes me almost want to go with or without kids. And I'm with Suzanne - I'm inside with the Butterbeer - no rollercoasers for me! Can't wait to show this to my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne,
    It was me sitting out the Dragon! I make myself go on one roller coaster per trip, just not the mega coasters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like loads of fun! I used to love rollercosters, but have to admit I'm somewhat afraid of them now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!!

    I loved those books so much. I guess its the kid in me. I would love to go there....maybe after the kitchen is finished..
    kathleenjackson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been having way too much fun lately. You obviously deserve it though with all the projects you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what splendid fun. I can almost hear the squeals of delight from the four muggles adventuring into Hogwarts and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun well deserved vacation - I'm always ready for a wild roller coaster ride...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! I had to wait until my 8 year old daughter came home from school today to comment..she is the BIG HP fan in the house, having read every book...so she is here on my lap with me reading this post...her comments: I want to go there sooo badly!!!
    xx
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how my boys would L-O-V-E to go here!!! They haven't been asking to go to Disney, but Hogwarts, that's a whole other story. My 8 year old and I have read the books together - currently on book 4. My younger one is gong to by Harry Potter this Halloween, as that was what his big brother was last year.

    I'm inspired to make a trip happen for my boys!!
    xo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!