Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tuesday Tip



You can never have enough seating! So why not make it portable,  flexible and a little thrifty?

One of 2 benches in the client's foyer.


This is exactly what I did for a client and not just because I have a thing for benches, ottomans and stools. But because there was a need for additional seating for evening gatherings. However,  on a daily basis the room needed to be open for traffic flow, so to speak. The room, which I will show you in another post, was the first of it's kind I've ever done!

I recently saw this very similar bench at Home Goods.   I forgot to take "before" pictures of the benches I used,  so I thought this was a good reference since they too had faux leather seats. 

The solution? Add 2 benches to the adjacent foyer from Target! Recover them in a fabulous fabric that coordinates in 2 rooms so they can be put into service anytime. and look as if they belonged in either room here all the time.

9 comments:

  1. Perfect Rebecca, these benches are great seating solutions, Love the print you chose!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, great benches. It's funny because I just ordered a similar one called the Harlow bench from Bernhardt. We are covering it in a cream colored faux reptile. Shiree'

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right - portable and easy to reupholster. And a great place to sit books and piles of things around the house! xo Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great benches and great prices....benches are easy and so practical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really adorable post. I love each pictures which shows unique designs and it is good to have these type of decorations for the home. The Comfort of Expectable Chair

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that ottoman, and what a smart idea to just buy one and then recover it to match what you need it to be. I'm sure your client loves the ottoman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love benches. I think they are great! Love the print you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! This has been a really wonderful post.
    Thank you for supplying these details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!