Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 11, 2013

Red Hot!


Foyer by Alessandra Branca

I think red is such a tricky color to work with on interior rooms. Done right it can be warm & inviting, sexy & glamorous and of course classic. Done poorly, it can look cheap and harsh. The client I've been working with for the past year LOVES red. It's never been at the top of my list of favorite colors, but I thought I'd share some imagines that I've looked to for inspiration during our collaboration. It's hard not to be a little smitten, and what better time to review them since Valentine's Day is just around the corner!
Attic Magazine.
Designer unknown, but I sure would like to know who brilliantly combined red, pink and purple!

Alessandra Branca. Red is her signature color and she always gets it right.


Joe Nye. Gracie wallpaper in red. Swoon.

Unknown source. Fun and vibrant for those who love modern.

Mary McDonald. Never one to shy away from bold color and patterns.

Nuevo Estilo via La Lamp.
 One of my favorite chair styles taken to a whole new level with red velvet only an accent., but still the star of this dining room.

Celerie Kemble. Again just a few hits of red.

Another cozy room by Alessandra Branca showcasing her signature red lamp shades that she incorporates in nearly every one of her rooms!

I proclaimed my love for Tommy last February, but can it hurt to do it twice? I don't think so!

A Lovely room from Cottage Living, if only we could get the kid out of it!!!


9 comments:

  1. You do make a good argument for red! I have never really used it in my own home but all the above are beautiful...think a pop of it can add a lot of drama to a room. The last one is really pretty too...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My last living room was red and I opted to paint our (soon to be) library Chinese red in this house. I find it cozy when mixed with other sumptuous woods and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca you are so right about doing red, right!! Remember when everyone and their brothers wanted a red dining room, most were only brave enough to do one wall, which I never liked, but there were a few that did the whole room and 2 years later painted over it. I think either you can live with red or you can't and it is very few who can, but for those few it seems to make them smile and they usually manage to do it well. Your client is very smart to have hired you for guidance, you will make it look amazing. I am with you on Tommy, LOVE him!!
    Happy Monday,
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved the Country Living interior, gorgeous combination of red and white, my favorite are the round pillows on the sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always love red
    and white toile, but
    beyond that, not been
    really drawn to it. That
    said, I'm loving the last
    image....kid & all : ) !!

    Happy Monday,
    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true! Red in the hands of Mary, Celerie and Alessandra is chic and sexy. I must admit a huge lack of it in my home....I don't think I have the guts to do it right!

    Happy Valentine's Week!
    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning rooms! I LOVE red, and it is used beautifully here.
    Happy Monday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a red laundry room! That's about as much wall space as I care to have BUT I love Alessandra Branca and she does it very well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks. I always love what Alessandra Branca does with red - it's such a Roman color!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!