Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 27, 2014

Baby, it's cold outside!


Talk about the shivers!!! On my way home, I passed by this house located in Middleburg, Virginia.  The large icicle over the doorway was about 5 feet long- absolutely horrifying! I was already freezing cold and this just made me want to get home quickly and park myself next to the fireplace for the evening. We still have plenty of snow on the ground and with the latest weather forecast, it seems few will be escaping Mother Nature's icy grip this year. Brrrrr. 

I certainly hope there is another way into this house!?

7 comments:

  1. Cozy up Rebecca, I can't believe how very cold it is back there. It's cold out here {for us} and damp. Honestly, Im envious of your snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, disheartening to come back to the bitter cold. And that is indeed a scary scene. Icicles can be surprisingly dangerous - a friend of mine's father was killed by one in a freak accident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rebecca,
    Kansas City weather has been frigid as well! There are days I want to just stay in and not venture out unless I must! The blooming narcissus remind me that Spring will be here soon (hopefully!)
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, thankfully we don't have icicles like that! Stay warm, the arctic temps are here to stay for a bit!

    xo Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omgosh Rebecca, I don't blame you for wanting to get home and get cozy, that is amazing. Stay safe and warm in your lovely home,
    xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay warm....its mighty cold out there. Too cold to be out unless absolutely necessary is how I see it. The icicles are a work of art but i agree a little scary too...stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Beautiful to look at but do see the danger as well! I do love Middleburg!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!