|Complete with new gates that actually close.|
The old gates were so rotten and off kilter, we had to use a bungee cord to keep them closed!
Anyone who has owned a home for a long period of time or lives in an old house is very familiar with the expression "It's always something". Our house turned 18 last month. There are days when I feel like my title should be The Domestic Slave and the Chronic List Maker.
This is what's on the To-Do list for fall 2011:
- Trim backyard trees branches away from house.
- Remove 2 trees in backyard to allow more sunlight and allow the ground to dry out faster.
- Remove 1 tree from front yard due to storm damage.
- Install new fence.
- Get quotes for a new deck!
- Mulch front beds.
- Clean out gutters.
- Rake leaves, twice!
- Power wash house
- Paint house trim
- Paint front porch columns
- Paint front door
- Clean outside windows
|And the down side to having lots of trees...lots of raking!|
|The help around here is prone to taking extra breaks...|