Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 10, 2011

Bring On The Blues!

It's only early June and it's already feeling like late July. We just had two 100 degree days! Whenever it gets really hot, there are certain colors I always crave and blue is one of them.

Two of the the best things about spring and summer is switching fragrances and cutting flowers for inside.
What scent are you wearing this summer ladies and gents? Please do tell!

The right scent is paramount, but I must admit I am very swayed by a pretty bottle! I wore Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue last year and it was very nice, but the bottle is quite plain, so I went back to Ralph Lauren's Blue this year. This tiny sample bottle just came in the mail yesterday. I ordered it online from Amazon and now I have a collection of each size for my vanity.

These mop heads will get so much bigger, but I couldn't wait!
 Early this morning, I headed to the side of the house to clip some hydrangea blooms before it got too hot.

I've had this vase forever, but haven't used it in years.


Flowers and fragrance....hard to imagine life without them!

 
Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Rebecca I love this!! I have already moved some of my blue and white pieces into my office!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't wear a scent since so many people I know have reactions to them. I love your hydrangeas they're stunning and can't wait for mine to bloom. Have a wonderful weekend Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are so beautiful....I need some hydrangeas too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! I have always loved hydrangeas!!!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also a lover of all things blue..I could have it all over my house and never get tired of it! I love the blue bottles and your hydrangea are gorgeous (one of my favorite flowers) Blue is like a breath of fresh air in any room...love your little vignette! Thanks so much for stopping by today and for your kind comment:) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. Funny - I just did a short post about pink. The spring unfolds and I suddenly crave rich gorgeous colours - I suppose everyone does after being stuck under winter's cold blanket for too long. I love your blue hydrangeas - of our three hydrangeas left, we seem to have had winter kill on two of them. Sad.

    Love the blue glass...


    xo Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore blue!! Love the blue bottles and your hydrangea are beautiful. Mine haven't even started to bloom. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel cooler just looking at the picture. Now I'll have to go find a tester of that fragrance to discover what it smells like. I'll admit to wearing Lauren for years because I liked the red bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is something about blue - cooling us off and calming us down.

    Your hydrangeas are gorgeous....mine were just starting to bloom when we left town this weekend. I expect they'll be looking good when I return.

    And those bottles...gorgeous! How pretty they must be on your vanity.
    Stay cool!

    xo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep waiting and watering my hydrangeas...and just before they bloom the deer eat them....It's a battle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great vase. Glad you are using it again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always like decorating with old scent bottles! I am wearing an old staple of mine which is Ma Griffe by Carven. It comes in the most wonderful green and white striped box!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I received Rose 42 by
    Hap & Stance for my
    birthday and I love the
    light rose scent. So
    that will be what Summer
    2011 smells like to me : )
    Wish we had blue hydrangeas,
    but around here, it's the
    white Annabelles that are
    popular!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love beautiful scents and blue hydrangeas are my absolute favorite. Happy Father's Day to your family. Mona

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love to wear Christian Dior Escale à Portofino. It will always remind me of summer.
    ZoeB

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!